Education and Information Resources
The Basics of Export Finance:
- Getting Paid – Payment Mechanisms
- Assessing the Credit Worthiness of your Buyer
- Risk Mitigation – Trade Letters of Credit, Stand-by Letters of Credit, and Insurance
- U.S. Exim Bank Guarantee and Insurance Programs
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) Programs
Consulting and Counseling:
- Ongoing consulting from identifying prospective overseas Buyers, assessing their creditworthiness, working with your bank or finding a bank to work with, assistance with payment aspects of contract negotiation, risk mitigation and effecting payment.
- Counseling and information on U.S. Exim Bank programs for Washington State-based Exporters including: the Working Capital Guarantee program for U.S. exporters, and the Medium-term Guarantee program for overseas Buyers working with U.S. exporters.
- Resource referral including assistance in finding a bank and international credit insurance brokers.
- Resource referral to Federal and State partners working with Exporters including the U.S. Export Assistance Center, The Small Business Administration (SBA) and the Washington State Department of Commerce.
Ancillary for Fee Services:
- Reduced fees and access to private credit reports for Exporters assessing the creditworthiness of potential overseas Buyers.